Grizzly Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i've got a 01 600 and makes a rattling type noise from the clutch area when I start it and it makes that noise when it down shifts, doesn't sound right, any help?

·
Registered
34 Posts
One way bearing??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats kind of what I was thinking, just trying to get some more info before I tore it apart, it does drive fine just makes a tumbling sound in the clutch housing soon as I start it and when I slow down, is that a easy fix?

·
mud in the blood
14 Posts
not too bad just got past that part on my project 00 600 griz the bearing was like 65ish online and about 100 at yamaha haha get a service manual it will help make sense of the parts i think i paid 6 bucks for it online getting the sheave to hold still was a pain though had to use monster c clamp and some cussing be careful pulling the bearing out the bearings can come out if the spring that holds them in place gets loose ps make sure all the grooves on the bearings are facing the same way even if you get a new one read a lot of posts about them getting bacwards and causing trouble good luck!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Mine's been making a similar rattling noise from the clutch area since brand new. Seems to work fine but the noise is annoying and sounds like it's coming apart sometimes, especially when cold. I figured I'd run until it let go. How difficult is it to replace?

DEWFPO

·
Registered
184 Posts
Sounds like one way to me also.
Does your machine sometimes feel like the engine braking let loose or free wheels?
There are a lot of threads on changing the one way. Kind easy maybe a couple hours.

·
Registered
82 Posts
In my particular case everything works fine including the engine braking. Just makes a dull, rattling sound when cold. Very noticeable.

DEWFPO

·
Registered
184 Posts
In my particular case everything works fine including the engine braking. Just makes a dull, rattling sound when cold. Very noticeable.

DEWFPO
How long since you serviced the clutch. Could be gunked up allowing the weights and cam plate to rattle around.
I run my 05 and 11 grease-less they are louder but the sound doesn't really change hot or cold.
The 13 still has grease and it makes a completely different sound when cold haven't tracked it down. Only rode 4 miles so far.(Damn-it!)
I've heard others complain about the 12 and 13's clutches being loud.

·
Registered
82 Posts
How long since you serviced the clutch. Could be gunked up allowing the weights and cam plate to rattle around.
I run my 05 and 11 grease-less they are louder but the sound doesn't really change hot or cold.
The 13 still has grease and it makes a completely different sound when cold haven't tracked it down. Only rode 4 miles so far.(Damn-it!)
I've heard others complain about the 12 and 13's clutches being loud.
I haven't yet. It's an 09 that I bought in 11 and it just recently turned 1000 miles. It's done this since brand new. I had nothing to compare it to.
DEWFPO

1 - 9 of 9 Posts