Grizzly Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The reverse light on my 2002 660 blinks when I first start it. I have to shut the ignition switch off and restart quad and light goes off. I also have a sputtering problem while climbing hills. Read a few posts and wanted to know if they could be related. Have cleaned carb and changed spark plug.

Where is reverse sensor located and what does CDI mean? Any help would be great.

·
Registered
74 Posts
CDI = Capacitor Discharge Ignition.

It is the black box that is responsible for the spark. I had similar runnability issues with my 03 Grizzly 660 a few yeas ago, which I traced to the valves being out of adjustment. Did you ever adjust the valves on yours?

As far as the blinking rev. light, I would start with simple stuff. Clean all electrical connections, pull the connectors apart to make sure there is no corrosion in them. Faulty electrical connections can mimic all sorts of electrical problems.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
will check items listed

Just checked valves and found none out of adjustment. Looking for loss connections and corrosion. Thanks for the tips.

·
Registered
74 Posts
A sputtering problem while climbing hills/under load sure points to a loss of fuel. Too bad the valves weren't out, that would have been an easy fix. You already cleaned the carb. I suppose I would double check the flow from the tank and if there are any filters in the line.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts