Grizzly Riders Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, ok, here's the story. Got a deal on what I think is a sweet, clean, '09 Grizzly 450 EPS. Wouldn't start, no spark. When through the basics, plug, coil, fuses, etc, still nothing. Replaced the stator and pulse trigger, still no spark, so I'm thinking CDI, right? I did some searching and picked up a cheap CDI that I hoped would work. Received it, and sure enough, plugged it in and it started right up. Now the issue is that the differential lock light is on constantly and it runs like the ignition advance is screwed, which leads me to believe that the CDI, although it is a good one, is not the correct one. I say all that to come to my question, just what CDI model/years will interchange with the '09 450 EPS, and did I give enough information to aid in an answer? It seems like there is a whole lot of CDI boxes out there, but very few that are specifically for the '09 450. Some information that I have read says that engine size doesn't matter that much to the CDI, but seems like the timing curve would be different for the different engine sizes. A little background on me, I'm a long-time shade tree mechanic, but ATV's are a new venture, I'm an old-school small-block hot rodder at heart. Thanks for the time, and I'm glad to be here with other Grizz riders!!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts