Grizzly Riders Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to change the grizz's oil for the first time. I have 12 hours on it now and will wait a little longer. But, I wanted to know how much oil it holds and what kind of oil you guys recommend. Also, where is the cheapest to buy the oil and filter from??

If you guys can help out the new guy I'd be extremely appreciative!

Thanks

also, should i replace the oil drain plug gasket? is it really necessary?

·
F.U.B.A.R.
5,584 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am going to change the grizz's oil for the first time. I have 12 hours on it now and will wait a little longer. But, I wanted to know how much oil it holds and what kind of oil you guys recommend. Also, where is the cheapest to buy the oil and filter from??

If you guys can help out the new guy I'd be extremely appreciative!

Thanks

also, should i replace the oil drain plug gasket? is it really necessary?
Remember Quality not Quantity. I use the oem Denso filters from Yamaha,Around Ten bucks from the dealer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes thats it..Two sided filtering vs one, on all paper filters,and more media surface than paper.The tighter the media content is the more dirt and combustion by product they grab.

·
F.U.B.A.R.
5,584 Posts
So you like that filter or not , the guy doing the filter test thinks there bad filters .
Buy a Purolator, Bosch, or Super Tech and call it a day!

This message is sponsored by the campaign for a 2up Grizzly!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
So you like that filter or not , the guy doing the filter test thinks there bad filters .
IMO there are high quality. What is the test based on?. Sounds like he just didnt like the looks of it,because its not your common paper media. When it comes to filters its like oil everyone has there preferences.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts