Grizzly Riders Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 yamaha grizzly 450 eps. When I bought it (used with 1500 miles) the power steering seemed to have been working, but overtime it just started slowly degrading in performance in steering. And when I watch review videos on the the fourwheeler, they talk about how easy the power steering is, and it was never that easy when I got it, so I am guessing this was an ongoing issue before I bought it, and it just degraded over time. Right now it just doesn't seem to be working that much at all, if any. I can't seem to find anything definitive about what could be causing it, but some people have mentioned similar problems and have said that it was their eps sensor and that it was built up with dirt. I have no idea what I am looking for, and I can't find anything in the manual.

Also, is there power steering fluid that must be maintained? I was also looking to see if it needed fluid or not, but can't find nothing on that either. Any help would be much appreciated. I will be taking it in to a shop soon, but I was wondering if it might of been something much simpler that I could fix as soon as possible. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I also just realized today that the EPS doesn't turn off like it is supposed when you start the engine. I've read that this might have something to do with the torque sensor on the eps unit. They said that they found out the that plugsto the sensor were all filled up with dirt/mud, and once they cleaned it their power steering started working again. The question is, where do I find this on the fourwheeler? and how do I get to it? and could this prevent the eps light from turning off and engaging power steering?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts