Grizzly Riders Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I have a problem that’s been vexing me for a bit now, and I thought I’d ask for some advice.

My 2012 Grizzly 700 had developed an issue around starting. It’s worse when it is cold, or when the bike has been sitting, but it’s generally bad no matter what.
What happens is I go to start it and I get that rapid clicking sound. Sometimes it will turn over a few times before resorting to the clicking. The battery will show full charge (WHY did they make this battery so hard to get to!). However, usually, if I jump it or keep it on the trickle charger then it will turn over and start. The winch is new, and the problem preceded it.

Here’s another piece of the puzzle, sometimes when I have my headlights on and run my winch a lot (with the snow plow) the machine will shut off (especially if I’ve just started it). Just before this happens the control unit for the hand warmers (with the little led lights) will start flashing and acting up.

I’ve checked cables that are obvious, but now it’s gotten worse and to the point that I need to begin to diagnose so I can repair so it’s reliable again.

Any thoughts or hints?

Thanks so much!
Matthew

1 - 1 of 1 Posts