Grizzly Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this a few years ago, rebuilt carburetor, new needle and seat, adjusted float height, idle air screw set at approx 2.5 turns. New fuel cock, inline fuel filter, valve clearances checked, air filter replaced, excellent compression. Starts great in warm weather, when down to 20 deg F or below, can be very difficult to start. I took the carb off the other night, found the intake pipe cracked at the corners, replaced with OEM, and new oring. Reinstalled everything, starts fine in garage but I notice when it is running I can pull the choke out fully the engine does not die out like I think it should. Does anyone else have this issue? I removed the choke control, oring looked fine, cleaned out the ports for the choke again with carb cleaner. Same result. The maintenance manual I have is very vague on this. Currently parked in the garage with the snow plow attached because I can't be sure it will start when cold in the barn. Any help much appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Still having same issues, took the carburetor apart again, no dirt found, verified all settings. Tried enriching the idle air screw, to no avail. I can adjust to where it runs great , then leave it outside on a cold night and it will not start. Beyond frustrated with this thing. Going to replace NGK D8EA spark plug with E3-36 plug to see if that helps. The plug looks wet so I'm assuming it is not carburetion but more ignition.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
How frustrating. Sure wish I knew what to suggest. :sorry:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm still having same problems. I have an E3 spark plug in it. New battery, cranks but won't start in cold. I spray just a bit of fuel into air cleaner, and fires up almost immediately. Has anyone ever put a primer on these machines to start easier? I was thinking like a squeeze bulb primer, but not sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts