Grizzly Riders Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
"Old Dawg"
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Serviced my air filter Monday after the long dusty ride on Sunday [70 miles] and pulled a real bonehead!! The wind and dust was blowing so I put a rag in the throat of the carb, serviced the filter and put it on. Tried to move it today and it wouldn't run worth a darn plus the throttle wasn't working right. After thinking about it for a while I remembered the rag...runs fine now.:pullinhair:

·
F.U.B.A.R.
5,584 Posts
You are lucky the engine did not suck the rag in! :)

This message is sponsored by the campaign for a 2up Grizzly!!!

·
Kstateskier - 550 Grizzly
50 Posts
Haha I've done this before. Stuffed a paper towel in the intake to keep anything from falling in while I had the filter out. Then put everything back together and forgot the paper towel! Haha makes ya feel dumb doesn't it. No worries happens!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Now that's something I'd do even after reading about it!!!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

·
"Old Dawg"
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Did that once on a Chevy V8 with a paper towel...zoom gone! Rag was to big for the ole Griz.:clap:

·
F.U.B.A.R.
5,584 Posts
Did that once on a Chevy V8 with a paper towel...zoom gone! Rag was to big for the ole Griz.:clap:
You should see what happens when you do that on a diesel engine, no purdy is all I got to say :laugh1:

·
Registered
246 Posts
I use 3 kinds , UNI liquid oil , Ipone spray oil , and Fab 1 spray oil all going on a UNI filter . I have 3 filters that I keep rotating I change them out every 3 to 4 weeks .

·
"Rock Spider"
358 Posts

Doubt the rag would make it past the intake valves.....but it would plug stuff up !!

·
F.U.B.A.R.
5,584 Posts
Doubt the rag would make it past the intake valves.....but it would plug stuff up !!
Depends on the size of rag! Paper rows can really screw things up LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts