Grizzly Riders Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am trying to help my uncle get his 2009 Grizzly 550 running. I searched the forum and have done everything I have found on here with no luck. So now I think we are down to it being either the fuel pump or the ECM.

It will turn over and fire for a second or 2 and then quit. Over and over and over.

It will run if I feed it fuel through the throttle body.
We have:
replaced the relays,
checked the grounds,
replaced the battery,
replaced the spark plug,
the relays click when the key is turned on,
I grounded the blue/red wire on the relay. The relay clicked but it didn't make the bike run.

One thing I have not done is check fuel pressure as I don't have a gauge. I pulled the fuel line off the pump and cranked it over and it pumps fuel while cranking but it seems to stop pumping if I keep the engine running by spraying fuel in the throttle body.

There is power at the relay and there is power at the pump.

I guess what I need help with is:
After the engine cranks, what wires on the relay and fuel pump should have power or ground?

Am I on the right track?

Also, I cannot get into the diagnostic screen. I have held the buttons, turned the key on and had the kill switch in both the run and no run positions.

When I fire the bike up and keep it running by squirting fuel down the throttle body, the engine light, the temp light and the PRNDL and diff lock lights stay lit up.

I just bought the service manual for the bike and have started thumbing through but I think I found more information on this forum than in the book.

Any help or direction you can give is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
I am trying to help my uncle get his 2009 Grizzly 550 running. I searched the forum and have done everything I have found on here with no luck. So now I think we are down to it being either the fuel pump or the ECM.

It will turn over and fire for a second or 2 and then quit. Over and over and over.

We have:
replaced the relays,
checked the grounds,
replaced the battery,
replaced the spark plug,
I grounded the blue/red wire on the relay. The relay clicked but it didn't make the bike run.

One thing I have not done is check fuel pressure as I don't have a gauge. I pulled the fuel line off the pump and cranked it over and it pumps fuel while cranking but it seems to stop pumping if I keep the engine running by spraying fuel in the throttle body.

After the engine cranks, what wires on the relay and fuel pump should have power or ground?

Am I on the right track?

Also, I cannot get into the diagnostic screen. I have held the buttons, turned the key on and had the kill switch in both the run and no run positions.

When I fire the bike up and keep it running by squirting fuel down the throttle body, the engine light, the temp light and the PRNDL and diff lock lights stay lit up.

I just bought the service manual for the bike and have started thumbing through but I think I found more information on this forum than in the book.

Thank you
Hello,

We have:
replaced the relays,
checked the grounds,
replaced the battery,
replaced the spark plug,

Am I on the right track?

Thank you

1 - 2 of 2 Posts