Grizzly Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
A Cut Above The Rest !!!
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, this section of the forum is for "C-h-a-s-s-i-s & Body" .... so If I've posted this in the wrong area .... let me know, & I'll drop & give the admin guys 25 !!!! ....... :beer:

If anyone here doesn't know, I own a 2003 Green Grizzly. I wanted a camo one, but when I bought mine (Dec 2002), there weren't any camo ones to be had within a 100 miles .... so I bought a Green one.

My "Want" fer a camo one never went away ... so after a while, I bought some of that camo tape & began to "Camo" my Grizz. And that really looked cool ... I thought (see photo) .... but it wasn't a "True Camo" Grizz.

As time p-a-s-s-e-d ... (ya like how I'm mak'in this into a story ?? .... Ya don't ?? Too Bad !! ;D) ...... I still wanted "Camo Plastic" .... I began a search & found "Camo Clad" camo covering. It's a 3M material, which, looks really cool. So, I had that done by a qualified installer ...... man, was I pissed when I picked it up !!! .... I made him redo it ... when I picked it up the second time, I wasn't much happier .... but he had my plastic for 5 weeks .... & I had had enough. From a distance, it looks pretty good. However, up close, you can see the issue with it I have. Sharp bends, creases, indentations are not easily covered by this stuff. (see photo & how it's com'in off around gas cap)

So the "Hunt" was still on .... I checked into buying factory camo plastic .... $1800 to $1900 is a tad much .... even for me ......

Then, last spring, at the "Sportsman Expo" in Salt Lake City, there was a company there, "HydoGraphx" .... this is a process where they "Dip" your parts in a water-based liquid, & when the parts are pulled out, whatever pattern you've selected "Adheres" to it. It's suppose to be as durable as factory camo. It costs about $550 for the fenders & gas tank cover of an ATV. And they have lots of patterns besides camo .... for instance, they have a diamond plate one & carbon fiber ones too.

So, I contacted the company, & come to find out the company is located about 60 miles South of where I live ... so shipping is a non-issue ..... and then, I found a set of 2003, Green Grizzly fenders & gas tank cover online & bought them .... I'm still waiting for them to arrive however, but I'm told, they'll in the mail !!! :eek:

Now, if I get this done this year or not, is yet to be seen ... but .... now I have another dilemma .... do I get a "Camo Pattern" .... or the "Diamond Plate" or a Carbon Fiber" one ?? .....

Here's the link .... first, if the music starts & you grow tired of it, in the bottom right hand corner you will see a speaker, click on it & the music will stop.

Next, this site works from the sides ... starting on the left side ... middle of the page ... you will see a small white "arrow" ... click on that ... when the flyout appears, click on "Pattern" .... then "Camo" ... look for WTP-250 ... it's Pine Forest type camo .... that's my choice 1.

I'm also look'in at WTP-245, it's a "Green Tiger Stripe" .... goes back to an earlier time in my shaded past that kinda draws me in .....

Then go back to "Patterns" on the left, & pick "Carbon Fiber" .... not sure how an entire Grizzly would look covered in this, but it MIGHT be good look'in .... check out WTP-132, 155, 174, & 240 ..... it would be nice to see something fully covered in any of these patterns to get a a "True Feel" of what the finished product would look like ....

Now go back to "Patterns" again .... click on "Metals" ... and look at WTP-282 ... that might look cool too ....

If you go back to the left hand side, you can click on "Gallery" and they have some photo's there of some items that have been covered. I really like the snow-camo'ed snowmobile ...

Well, check out the link .... and I'm to try'in decide .... if I should get this done .... or get new wheels ..... sigh ............ :'( .... if my new plastic ever shows up .... :-\
http://www.hydrographx.com/

Later ....
:seesaw:

Attachments

·
A Cut Above The Rest !!!
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mack ... that's the way I'm lean'in .... however, the plastic hasn't shown up yet .... & I have a photo of the wheels, right here in front of my computer ..... and well .......................... :-\

I have a thread question for ya .... I have two miss-spelled words in my post .... "C-h-a-s-s-i-s" in the first sentence & "p-a-s-s-e-d" in the fourth paragraph .... it won't let me correct them ?? .... I mean, I can go to "modify" ... change them to the correct spelling, and when I click "Save" ... they are still miss-spelled ??

Another question ... I DID spell correctly in this post ... yet when the post was posted ... they looked just like the miss-spelled ones in my thread .......... :wtf: ............ so, I'm correctly them in this post ..... but I'm afraid it ain't gonna work here either ....

Any ideas ??

Later ...

·
Registered
166 Posts
i has my Honda rancher done with that M stuff and it didn`t survive the 1st winter.

·
A Cut Above The Rest !!!
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mad Mike said:
i has my Honda rancher done with that M stuff and it didn`t survive the 1st winter.
What's the "M" stuff Mike :idk: ..... I'm hop'in to get that new plastic I FINALLY got Hydro-dipped this summer :whoo:

Oh yeah ... Mad Mike ... yer Avatar is sick dude :wtf:

·
DJ
1,299 Posts
Gunny said:
Thanks Mack ... that's the way I'm lean'in .... however, the plastic hasn't shown up yet .... & I have a photo of the wheels, right here in front of my computer ..... and well .......................... :-\

I have a thread question for ya .... I have two miss-spelled words in my post .... "C-h-a-s-s-i-s" in the first sentence & "p-a-s-s-e-d" in the fourth paragraph .... it won't let me correct them ?? .... I mean, I can go to "modify" ... change them to the correct spelling, and when I click "Save" ... they are still miss-spelled ??

Another question ... I DID spell correctly in this post ... yet when the post was posted ... they looked just like the miss-spelled ones in my thread .......... :wtf: ............ so, I'm correctly them in this post ..... but I'm afraid it ain't gonna work here either ....

Any ideas ??

Later ...
:agree: Gunny, I've had this same problem. If "modify" = edit, It no workee. Even as I type right now I can't see what i'm doing because it doesn't show in the window until you hit a key , then it goes away immediatley. Something is wrong here and needes to be fixed ASAP :mad:

·
A Cut Above The Rest !!!
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WHAT ?? ........... Sorry dude ........ I couldn't resist :D

Not sure what your issue is, Mine was different & way back .... hopefully the Admin Smart Guys can get this fixed for ya quick.

Did this issue just start or was it do'in this from the beginning for you ?? :idk:

·
DJ
1,299 Posts
Gunny, its the same issue you discribed about modifying your post and hitting the save button and the corrections are not made. It seems to be happening only in the tech forum for me. In other forums it's not an issue so far. :idk:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Gunny,
That Hydrodip stuff has definate possibilities man!! The plastics from the snowmobile looked incredible!! That should look very cool on the Grizz!! Keep us posted for sure!!

·
A Cut Above The Rest !!!
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
snake1` said:
Gunny,
That Hydrodip stuff has definate possibilities man!! The plastics from the snowmobile looked incredible!! That should look very cool on the Grizz!! Keep us posted for sure!!
Will do .... I'm try'in to decide if I want to do this ... or get new tires for my Jeep ... and I need tires pretty bad right now :'(

About this Hydrodipping ... I've heard it's the same process the factory camo is done with ... not sure, but I want get it done pretty bad.

The other issue is what pattern to use. See, I'm an old Vietnam vet, so Tiger Stripe intriques me ... but I've seen some bad Tiger Stripe & it looked like crap (in clothes anyway)

Another pattern I think would look cool, is the Metal Diamond Plate one .... or the Carbon Fiber look ...... crap ...... this is gonna be tough choos'in :idk: :(

·
CRASH STUNT MEMBER
1,249 Posts
Hydra Dip with the Green Tiger Strips Gunny, If you have to go incognito like them butch chicks do at least make it wild!!!! :-\.... :finger:
Boy I tell ya' Gunny your making me dizy with all them questions. You got'da get your self a good two bit coin and start flipping OK :mad:........... :D... :D.... :D..... :D

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Would it be possible to get a diff. pattern on the tank than the fenders? Thinking the carbon fiber on the tank and Diamond Plate on the fenders or a dark cammo on the fenders and carbon on the tank, OR....

Wait what about camno on the tops and carbon fiber on the bottom of the fenders?

·
Power Freak
1,600 Posts
Gunny I was thinkin....your bike started out green...and now its camo.....does that make you the Michael Jackson of Grizzlies???

·
A Cut Above The Rest !!!
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Desert Dude .... they make two sided coins ?? :idk: ... what will they think of next ? :D

Christopher Robin said:
Would it be possible to get a diff. pattern on the tank than the fenders? Thinking the carbon fiber on the tank and Diamond Plate on the fenders or a dark cammo on the fenders and carbon on the tank, OR....

Wait what about camo on the tops and carbon fiber on the bottom of the fenders?
Yeah, I think you could get the fenders done one way & the tank cover another ?? .... Ummmmm

Mack450 said:
Gunny I was thinkin....your bike started out green...and now its camo.....does that make you the Michael Jackson of Grizzlies???
Mack ... I'm not talk'in to any longer .... Note TO Self: Ask THE GRIZZ if admins can get INFRACTIONS .... cause Mack just got 27 1/2 of'em !!! ...... The funny freak'in bast%$# !!! :mad:

·
CRASH STUNT MEMBER
1,249 Posts
Christopher Robin said:

Wait what about camno on the tops and carbon fiber on the bottom of the fenders?
So if I'm understanding this right your talking Transgender HUH! :-\
Shame on you gunny!.... :wtf:...............Poor old Green Grizzly's got to be thinking suicide by now! :hammer:........... :boot:

·
Premium Member
9,918 Posts
desertdweller said:
Christopher Robin said:

So if I'm understanding this right your talking Transgender HUH! :-\
Shame on you gunny!.... :wtf:...............Poor old Green Grizzly's got to be thinking suicide by now! :hammer:........... :boot:
:-\ :-\ :-\

·
Life is Good !
55 Posts
Stones

Gunny,
I'm a STONES fan. I just can't decide which one. Do they say to sand down the "Kinks" and dents from rollovers, or do they coat over smooth stuff?:guitar:

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
I think you should have it done in WTP-101 The $100 bill pattern...
:p

·
A Cut Above The Rest !!!
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So if I'm understanding this right your talking Transgender HUH!
Why do I talk to you ?? ..... And fer the "Tansgender" comment .... 27 1/2 infractions ;D

Oh, and I think yer lead'in the pack with the most infractions :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts