Grizzly Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to be replacing my OEM belt, i know the OEM belt is the best. Have read some bad reviews about the daycos, but what about the gates belts? Significantly less than the $175 oem belt from dealer

·
Live Free or Die
271 Posts
If there is anything I've learned about replacing that belt, go OEM. Learning the hard way, I would be a complete a-hole if I recommended anything else. That is one piece of the machine you should not try to save money on.

Just curious, why are you replacing it? What is going wrong?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My bike is a 2013, with almost 6000 km on it. Last week i broke through some ice and near sank the bike. The engine intake didnt take on water but the clutch case filled with water. So im going to be taking it apart and cleaning it out. Figured while i had it all apart it would be a good time to replace it.

·
Live Free or Die
271 Posts
My bike is a 2013, with almost 6000 km on it. Last week i broke through some ice and near sank the bike. The engine intake didnt take on water but the clutch case filled with water. So im going to be taking it apart and cleaning it out. Figured while i had it all apart it would be a good time to replace it.
Why take it apart? Everybody I know that flooded that, just pulled out the drain plug. It drained and all was perfect. Maybe cleaning it out is a good idea, I don't know for sure. It has never happened to me.....yet. Good luck. Let me know how it goes.

P.S. Grizzly/Kodiak belts don't wear out like all the other ATV brand, because they never slip, but 6000km wouldn't be a bad time to inspect in anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts