Grizzly Riders Forum banner

Big Bear Extreme Mud Build

8K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  wrenchy18 
#1 ·
Just Picked up a 1989 bigbear 350 for 400$. Its mint... I am going to build it into a mud slaying machine. I do a lot of custom fab work. nothing leaves my shop. I am planning to make a custom arched a-arm 6" lift and widen it about 7" with some 30" silverbacks. Do the same with the rear also. something like @jamiewatts300 does with his 300's... The only thing is I have not found any way to make a gear reduction in this so I may have to tear my motor apart and build one myself.(Like a 54% or something) But that can be something I will do after. The dual range will help lots for now with a first gear with a ratio of 67.113... I was looking to do a full motor rebuild and swap things from other motors to make a good combination. Like use a warrior head cause of the bigger valves. (Are the warrior and Kodiak 93-99 heads the same?) I would put a Webcam cam, valves, springs, rockers, etc. With a high comp piston and probably the warrior carb (4mm bigger than BB) it should give me a bit extra power. And input on either of these would be very much appreciated. Shes gonna be a mean riding machine!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.