Grizzly Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I recently purchased a 2009 Grizzly with 7500km on it. It was well maintained and doesn't appear top have been beaten. It does however have one concerning "CLUNK". When the engine is at idle and in any gear including neutral. If press the throttle there is an audible clunk right as the rpm increase, It wont happen again unless It drops right to idle. If I feather the throttle and i can reduce the noise. I have pulled apart the primary and re greased the rollers which did not not help. It almost seems like there is play in the crank but it was tight when i pulled the primary off. There is play somewhere and i just cant figure out where..... The fact it occurs in neutral is what really baffles me.

My EPS light light comes on intermittently and the PS stops working. I am nervous about messing with the electronics. Any tips would be great.

Last there is a very small amount of play in the front wheel bearings. it is very small and there is no noise. If it was a car i would change immediatley however I am asking the community whether that small play is ok for a season or two/

All help is greatly appreciated. I will try and post a vid of the noise later.

Thanks!
Ned

·
F-Bomb
41 Posts
Welcome aboard! Chasing down noises that aren't apparent is no fun, let us know what you find out. My first inclination would be something in the clutch is not working as it should. There's really nothing else on that side of the bike that would clunk. Did you check the carrier bearing on the cage when you had it apart? Make sure a roller didn't fall out when you reassembled. How did the sheave faces look? Maybe time to resurface it with a scotch brite pad, the belt could be slipping causing it to clunk. Just some ideas since I'm not able to hear or look at it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did your belt have any chunks hanging off of it,? Or missing? If you haven't pulled the clutch cover off yet, now's the time... Good luck and let us know what you find.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts