Grizzly Riders Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all
I was toying around with the idea of installing a rack on the back of my 5th wheel trailer for my Grizzly 660... There's really only one instance where it would be used, and that's when I make a 200 mile trek to Oshkosh, WI every year for the airshow. Since my trailer is a 5th wheel, I can't put my Grizz in my truck bed, and it's illegal to pull a trailer behind your trailer in Illinois.

I was thinking if I install a receiver hitch on the back of my trailer and weld in two more receivers, then attatch a platform on top of the square steel tubing that would be inserted into the three receivers. It could be removed when not in use.

My question is this: Is the 660 going to be too heavy for this type of rack ? Has anyone else tried something silimlar ?

Thanks !

Scott

·
DJ
1,299 Posts
ATV and Go-Cart Carriers

:bigsmile1: This rack is rated for 700lbs. You would need a class IV hitch installed on the trailer to haul that much tonge wt. The trailer frame may not be able to support such a hitch receiver. Check with the trailer mfg.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ATV and Go-Cart Carriers

:bigsmile1: This rack is rated for 700lbs. You would need a class IV hitch installed on the trailer to haul that much tonge wt. The trailer frame may not be able to support such a hitch receiver. Check with the trailer mfg.
Thanks for the advice... I did a little more poking around and came to the conclusion that my quad will be just too dang heavy for the frame rails of my 5th wheel to handle... if I had a Raptor or a YZ250, it might work, though.

A bit more poking around and I found that I actually CAN tow a trailer behind 5th wheel in Illinois, so's long as the whole rig is under 60'...My quad trailer is 5'x8', so I should be ok. Wisconsin USED to require a permit to tow a second trailer, but it looks like that was recinded last year... I just need to be under 65' overall.

Problem solved, I suppose...just need to have a hitch installed on my 5th wheel and I'm in business !

Thanks !

Scott

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.