Grizzly Riders Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,
I just bought a 2011 Grizzly 550 EPS and I'm trying to get it registered here in California from an Idaho title.
I have the VIN# BUT the DMV also needs the engine#. Where is the ENGINE# located?
Hopefully someone out there can help me out. BTW - it used to have a snow plow so there's a metal "skid" plate under the engine. Is that hiding the engine#?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I downloaded the owner's manual and took a look in there but it wasn't listed, only the frame VIN.

That said, from my experience with Yamaha motorcycles, the engine serial number is always located on one of the engine cases. If the case is horizontally split (upper/lower cases) the serial number will be on the upper case. For vertically split cases (left/right cases), the serial number will be found on the deck that the cylinder rests on. I forget whether it's typically the left or right case. I have relatively little experience with Yamaha ATV's, so I hope this helps and is even close to correct.

Todd

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I hadn't heard anything from anyone for quite a stretch so I called Yamaha and got the info from them. It's where you thought it to be. It's on the right side engine case behind the floorboard.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts