Grizzly Riders Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There,

I have a 2008 Grizzly 700 EPS. It was bought last January and the EPS never worked since I got it. I have purchased a used EPS motor and would like to replace it myself. Taking it to a ATV shop really isn't an option since the closest one is 4.5 hours away.

I have looked at the service manual, but it really doesn't explain how to remove/replace it. I can get at the steering stem joint bolt. Could I then pull up on the steering stem and remove the motor? I know I would have to unbolt the motor from the frame and the pitman arm, but those don't really concern me. It's removing the stem from the motor in such a confined space that has me puzzled.

If anyone has instructions or a video about this I would really appreciate it. Like I said, I've looked through the service manual and didn't see anything helpful, unless I missed something.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi There,

I have a 2008 Grizzly 700 EPS. It was bought last January and the EPS never worked since I got it. I have purchased a used EPS motor and would like to replace it myself. Taking it to a ATV shop really isn't an option since the closest one is 4.5 hours away.

I have looked at the service manual, but it really doesn't explain how to remove/replace it. I can get at the steering stem joint bolt. Could I then pull up on the steering stem and remove the motor? I know I would have to unbolt the motor from the frame and the pitman arm, but those don't really concern me. It's removing the stem from the motor in such a confined space that has me puzzled.

If anyone has instructions or a video about this I would really appreciate it. Like I said, I've looked through the service manual and didn't see anything helpful, unless I missed something.

Thanks!

Looking for the same info! :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts