Grizzly Riders Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Class Clown
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pennsylvania has a few state operated trail systems scattered around the state. if your registration and insurance are up to date, there is no other charge to use them. there really aren't any close to me, but we're taking the camper and quads and going to give the potter county trails a try.
ATV Trails on State Forest Land

if you're not familiar with the area, it is in north central pa, bordering NY. very lttle in the way of population and some beautiful scenery.
i've never used any of the state trails, but from what i hear, their not very difficult. but this trip is with the wife and daughters. my 10 year old will be riding her own quad, so we don't really need anything difficult.
gonna try to take in some of the local attractions while we're there.

do we have any members from that area? or any that have used the trails in that area?

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
The wife and I just rode there this past Friday. It was a nice leisurely ride. It will be perfect for the kids. We put on 50 miles in about 4 hrs. of riding.
We saw a bunch of grouse and a couple of turkeys on the trail. We got there around 10am and had the trails to ourselves until after lunch. Are you staying at Potter County campground? It is right across the street from the North entrance on Rt. 6.

·
Class Clown
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
had a great time riding with the kids. definitely geared toward "scenic" riding. trails were all old (and current) logging roads, however it was still riding thru Pa's northcentral region which is always beautiful. some of the township roads are ATV legal, so we went for an evening ride looking for wildlife. we saw quite a few whitetail deer and a big ol' fat bear sitting under an apple tree. had a great trip, and we'll probably go back.
if you're wanting a leisurely ride with the family on laid back easy trails with great scenery, this is for you. if you're looking for exciting riding, look elsewhere.

i think we put on around 70 miles, but that was the total of making the loop on Friday and Saturday

·
Grizzly Rollover Club
603 Posts
any pics?

space filler for text box

·
Class Clown
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
i was just working on loading some, LOL

my oldest daughter

our campsite

this pretty well sums up the trails....

the bear under the apple tree

the one obstacle we found (yes, thats me on the 250ex, LOL)

me and my youngest daughter

Jackie rippin' it up!

·
CTD Out!
7,584 Posts
Looks like a great place to ride with the kids. The pic with your youngest on Denise's 550 is great. Not too sure about the 1 obstacle, I think I may have rolled on it :laugh1:

·
Class Clown
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it was pretty steep.....haha
the youngest rides with Denise most of the time, but we found a small jump and that little hill and she wanted on with Dad to hit'em both, LOL. didn't trust Mom for the "technical" stuff!

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
Luved the oldest T Shirt, looked like something Chelle would wear if she could find one for sure! Looks like yall had a blast! You gonna make the fall trip?

Reactions: Hammer07

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Glad to see you had a good time with the kids there. Like you said, it's a nice "scenic" ride. Supposedly there are some trails out the back of the campground that go back in the hills a few miles. I heard about them on another site. But, never got to check it out. I normally ride about 5 miles east on Rt. 6 from the campground on the north side of Rt. 6.
They are running a lot of pipeline for the gas wells up there at the moment. I'll have to post some pics from last weekends poker run up there.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Looked like a good time for all..I'm trying to get my girls Intrested in riding..Thanks for sharing..

·
Caught me ridin' dirty.
1,236 Posts
Looks like a good time...Thanks for sharing! Might have to head that way to take my 5 year old for some easy riding.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts