Grizzly Riders Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:bigsmile1: got the motomax tires on last weekend. size 27x10x12 front and 27x12x12 rears. I rode quite bit last weekend around woods and some fields and they do really good. They hook up in slick trails, and loose dirt in fields that disked up. Handle good at higher speed on dirt trail. they have slight roughness lower than 5 mph but goes away after that. they will climb over rocks and logs good. I didn't notice any power loss so as of now i'm not planning on any clutch mods. overall i would say they are a really good aggressive trail/mud tire. i haven't been in good mud yet but in sticky surface mud in a field they kept clean when spinning the tires. Didnt have good mud hole to try them in yet as the field dried up from the weekend before. One picture is showing the quad loaded with 36 gallons of sap collected from the maple tree's at girl friends family land.

·
Enjoy the Ride
2,512 Posts
Good looking tire. Lets us know how they preform in the mud when get a chance.

·
Registered
411 Posts
My god, I bet you get some front end bite with that water jug up there. Plannin' on gettin thirsty?

Good looking tires by the way..

Buster

Reactions: srgrizzly700

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My god, I bet you get some front end bite with that water jug up there. Plannin' on gettin thirsty?

Good looking tires by the way..

Buster
lol yeah might get thirsty but that is holding tree sap from maple trees to make syrup from collecting it from bucket out in the woods. Would have more tanks on but they took out the 300 gallon tank with the tractor also that day.

and thanks for the replies

·
Registered
411 Posts
Wowser, I would think that tank full of maple syrup would be fairly heavy. How do you extract it into the tank?

Buster

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well you drill small hole in the tree and put tap into it that holds a bag or a pail. than you just go around from tree to tree and dump the pail or bags into the tanks to transport it to area where you boil the sap down to the syrup. its fun to do and cool to see how it works. first year i'm helping do it. i could post couple pics sometime how it works.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Well by gosh, post some of those pics. I'm interested to see how it works.

Buster

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
ok will do. i'll post some in pics section. named it some sapping pics. it is fun to do. i love being out in the woods doing it

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
so got a chance to try out the tires back in our woods in the swamp. They do really good and will pull through the swamp mud. our swamp is a very in the consistancy and can be thicker to very thing. In the thicker stuff they pull without digging to bad and dont clog up. In the thinner stuff they will dig down pretty quick. the swamp also doesnt have a bottom so not many tires do that great in there. pretty much need the added ground clearance to get through the best.

The pics i added the first two pics are spot that is thinner mud and the tires spun down pretty quick. last two pics is a hole that is a little thicker and the tires pulled right through.

Attachments

Reactions: Gunny and Butch450

·
A Cut Above The Rest !!!
3,206 Posts
Good look'in tires there srgrizzly700 .... those are some great photo's of yer Grizz in the mud hole :braceface:

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thought I would update my review a little since I have gotton more miles in. The tires are doing better than I expected actually. On the trails they do good with speed on rough trails and corners. They don't seem to break loose and slide around a corner though if you like to do that. They brake really good when you need to slow down fast. In rocks they do decent as they are a harder rubber compound so if you have a lot of rocks zilla's prolly be better choice. The climb stumps and logs pretty well as a lot of the mud holes around here have them in it. Makes the mud pits little harder to get through and I wish I had little taller tire than 27" even though they are really close to true 27". In the mud they are pretty impressive to me. The more I go through and learn how to make the quad work through it better the more they impress me. Last weekend They got me through some very deep mud. One hole I winched out of last year but was able to work through it and not get stuck. Overall I will say they are great tire to try out. I have only had one problem with the tire but no tire gonna take a nail very good. I fixed the hole and haven't had a problem since and with all the sticks and stumps they see and few rocks on the trails that pop up they have had no problems with them so far. They also do better in snow then I thought. I thought they dig to fast but if you keep your momentum up and use throttle control they will make there way through pretty deep snow.

Very happy with the tire so far.

here couple pics of recent outings:

Reactions: MzGrizzs660
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.