Grizzly Riders Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's what happened and what I've done so far. Went for a ride, at about 1 hour into it I put it in neutral and the quad started revving so high I couldn't get it in gear. Used my choke to idle it down to get it in gear. Then the idle went back to normal but I couldn't go past a quarter throttle , it would stall. Got towed back. Took carb off , took out every jet and soaked it in Honda Brite for 2 days. Bought a carb kit for it . Used boiling hot water ,dried it flushed it with carb cleaner in every orifice and blew out with compressed air. Changed jets,added dynojet kit, put it back together, same problem, won't go past 1/8 throttle,just starving for gas(I guess). Took air filter side boot off and checked to see if slide moves while running. It does. I put my hand over air filter side of carb in conjunction with the thumb throttle to create vacuum and was able to throttle well past 1/8. If the rubber boots and plastic cap on top of carb is not cracked in any way, what would be my next step? I believe when I had that high idle issue the quad was starving for fuel.it happened just like that!! Then the 1/4 throttle issue which became the 1/8 throttle issue.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Let me add one question. The main jet is connected to that long brass tube then there is this little brass piece that has 2 different ends. Which way does this little brass piece go in? I forgot to check it when it came out. Also I have been riding with k&n air filter and just installed a supertrapp slip on about a month ago. Clip on #4 position,128 main( I ride under 3000') stock 17.5 ( I have a 20 & 22).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Let me add one question. The main jet is connected to that long brass tube then there is this little brass piece that has 2 different ends. Which way does this little brass piece go in? I forgot to check it when it came out. Also I have been riding with k&n air filter and just installed a supertrapp slip on about a month ago. Clip on #4 position,128 main( I ride under 3000') stock 17.5 ( I have a 20 & 22).
The cup that installs under the main jet only fits one way. If it fits, you got it right.

I just had the carb on my 07 450 apart on Friday.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts