Grizzly Riders Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Grizzly 125 that I bought used last year. I used it for maybe 15 hours and it ran great. It's always been cold natured and never easy to start but after it starts it runs great. I let it sit for about 4 months and when I tried to start it I could not get it to fire up and run. I talked to some friends who have ATV's and they suggested that I rebuild the carb. Well, it was just about as cheap to purchase a new one so I did and replaced it and it cranked up, after some effort, and ran well, except I could not get it to idle down properly. I let it sit for a week and now it won't start. It turns over but will not run. If I pour gas in the carb it will run for a few seconds. It seems to be getting fuel through the fuel line, the plug has spark. I used new gas in it, non ethanol, and that has not helped. Maybe the new carb is defective? When you open the fuel petcock should it flow out in a steady stream and if so how strong should the stream be? That is the only thing I can think of at this point that could be the problem. I don't have the air cleaner on it while I am trying to get this issue resolved so air should not be the issue. It has to be some sort of fuel issue. Any thoughts? Maybe anew plug would help? Maybe the old one is not firing sufficiently?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts