Grizzly Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I'm having a problem with my rear brakes on my '09 Grizzly... I replaced the pads and noticed on the rear left side they were worn very strangely - One at an angle, the other like it was pushed out past the disc. Now, when I put the new pads on, the brakes aren't tight and when I pull the lever the caliper moves.

I figured something may have come up and hit the caliper, so I inspected it and noticed the mounting L bracket looked a bit off. I took the bracket off the front left caliper and put it on the rear and it worked fine. With the rear bracket on the front, the front brakes had the same problem, so I'm pretty sure I need this bracket. However, Yamaha doesn't sell the bracket alone... They say I need to purchase the entire caliper (which I don't need).

Does anyone have a spare one of these, or know where I can get one?

Thanks!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Your profile doesn't show where you live but just do a google search for ATV Junk Yard. They are all over the country.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hadn't thought of that, I will have to do a search to see if there are any in my area... I'm from Calgary, Alberta, Canada if anyone knows of any off hand though.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was able to bend the bracket back into shape using a vice and my rear brakes are now fully functional again... The caliper no longers moves from side to side when compressing the lever. Crisis averted, lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts