Grizzly Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 535 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,918 Posts
I know it's early, but I would like to get another ride going for the fall. I wanted to let this thread be for the planning committee. Who's going, where we staying, what we're eatin' etc..

I did like Riders Paradise, quarters were small but we didn't spend much time in them. The bar / restaurant was mighty convenient come around chow time.

We can also stay at another place, but it's atop the mountain and an hour from Keeter and Glenn's place. It'll hold 7 people, 8 if you are bringing a female or don't mind spooning.

Whats everyone else s thoughts.

Edit: 8/10

Ride is planned for October 20th - 23rd

We will be staying at Riders Paradise and riding Outlaw Trails, Pinnacle Creek and Indian Ridge. You will need a trail pass that is $50 and can be obtained at the Ashland Resort or Store, or can be purchased online here....

http://www.trailsheaven.com/about/hatfield-mccoy_trails_user_permits.aspx

Here is some info about what you will need to bring in regards to the cabin ay Riders Paradise....

The lodging is $25 per person per night. Sheets and pillows are provided but you need to bring a sleeping bag or blanket. The cabin has TV, refrigerator and stove with some pans. The owner Jerry said for breakfast their is a place in pinnacle creek that should be open or we have to ride down to ashland resort or bring our own food. The cabin and camper has a shower but you need to bring your own towels. A total of 11 riders can be lodged here.

Who's In

Gary
Butch
Hammer07
gwrgrizz700
The Modfather + Big Rick
bluesmanjesse + 1

Still Room for 2 more riders !!!

·
CTD Out!
7,584 Posts
Does the place atop the mountain have enough property for a few to bring their campers? Might be able to get a few more to go if so. Are you still thinking last weekend of September or 1st couple weekends in October?

·
Premium Member
9,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I was looking at that time frame. There is enough room for a few campers if that would be necessary. Since it is right on the HMT, you guys could finally get the chance to ride that a little more. However, without taking the hydration stops and between you and Jack swamping out, we would probably have the entire Pinnacle Creek system covered within a day.

·
Big D
269 Posts
WHERE are you going? lol.

More than likely, too far from me! I am however finding a way to get to Jericho 2.5 hours away (probably 3.5 in our trucks lol!) but it's for the ATV Festival. Last year was 2500 people, aiming for more this year.

·
Sic Semper Tyrannis
788 Posts
I know it's early, but I would like to get another ride going for the fall. I wanted to let this thread be for the planning committee. Who's going, where we staying, what we're eatin' etc..

I did like Riders Paradise, quarters were small but we didn't spend much time in them. The bar / restaurant was mighty convenient come around chow time.

We can also stay at another place, but it's atop the mountain and an hour from Keeter and Glenn's place. It'll hold 7 people, 8 if you are bringing a female or don't mind spooning.

Whats everyone else s thoughts.
What place at the top of the mountain?
Mountain Top Cabins | Facebook

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
I'LL have to look at the calender and see if i'm working that weekend, LOL sounds like a good time to get things rolling for sure. Also check with Big G the mayor as he now has several campers that he can rent out also and can put other campers in field as needed if want to stay on that side of HMT systems. If in last Sept i will have to check dates as fall fishing trip booked year in advance and can't back out.

·
Gas Man
491 Posts
I am already scheduled to have the week of Sept 18-24 off for vacation. My wife wants me to take her somewhere riding that week...

I figure I can take her early in the week then be ready for another trip later in the week.

That is, if you guys play nice and go on the week I'm on vacation.... 8)

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
how many days is this trip a thurday to sunday or a whole week ? i maybe in can take the camper to

·
Gas Man
491 Posts
I hope it works out for everyone sometime the week of Sept 17-25. That's about the only time I could go, and I would LOVE to go with your guys again!!!

I might be able to slip in a Saturday somewhere, but, that would be about it.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Sounds cool..when you fine folks decide just shoot out some kind of Directions and dates, I'm hoping to have some new treads by then and maybe Have the 450 hopped up with a good tune from EHS ..Not sure with this texas trips kinda strains the funds..But Yea I want to join in some how..I have never been to WV yet. What all will we need a pass I'm asumming..I dont have any Street insurance will I need it if so i might have to pass..And can I pitch a tent some where..Will bring my own food or pitch in some funds if needed..thanks for the heads up..

·
Premium Member
9,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Liquid, to answer your ? on the pass, it would depend. Likely you'll need to get a H&M pass if we all plan on going on the HMT any. You can decide that then. Food...depends on where we go. No insurance required, but it wouldn't hurt to have comp and collision. That's if you ride like Butch. Lodging seems to average $50-80 a head for our group depending on size and that's for the 4 days.

·
Federally lic Gun Dealer
4,590 Posts
Yeah I was looking at that time frame. There is enough room for a few campers if that would be necessary. Since it is right on the HMT, you guys could finally get the chance to ride that a little more. However, without taking the hydration stops and between you and Jack swamping out, we would probably have the entire Pinnacle Creek system covered within a day.
Nice!
That's just real nice................

·
CTD Out!
7,584 Posts
However, without taking the hydration stops and between you and Jack swamping out, we would probably have the entire Pinnacle Creek system covered within a day.
No insurance required, but it wouldn't hurt to have comp and collision. That's if you ride like Butch.
Nice!
That's just real nice................
WTF? Justin's rock crawl and broken axle took up more time then all 3 floodings combined I think. Not to mention all the time you spent stopped picking up all those empties on the trail :laugh1:

Definitely get some insurance, regardless of how or who you ride like. There is always a chance of having stupid catch you on the trail :bigsmile1:

·
Premium Member
9,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not to mention all the time you spent stopped picking up all those empties on the trail
True, but like they say..."A clean trail is a happy trail!". :laugh1:

And, by recycling all that aluminum consider how small I made our carbon footprint. However, now that I think of it Charlie may have increased it with methane pollution:sign0137:.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
WTF? Justin's rock crawl and broken axle took up more time then all 3 floodings combined I think. Not to mention all the time you spent stopped picking up all those empties on the trail :laugh1:

Definitely get some insurance, regardless of how or who you ride like. There is always a chance of having stupid catch you on the trail :bigsmile1:
Not sure if Insurance is an option here in NC, I;ll check..Don't know anyone running it here..:laugh1:
Grizz does Al Gore follow you around..:watchit:..I'm all for keeping clean myself but he's and Idiot!! thedevil1thedevil1

·
Gas Man
491 Posts
I'm personally on Al Gore's blacklist.

ESPECIALLY after having a dozen or two beers and camp/bar food for dinner.

Oh yeah, good ole' bacon and eggs in the morning too......

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
Sounds cool..when you fine folks decide just shoot out some kind of Directions and dates, I'm hoping to have some new treads by then and maybe Have the 450 hopped up with a good tune from EHS ..Not sure with this texas trips kinda strains the funds..But Yea I want to join in some how..I have never been to WV yet. What all will we need a pass I'm asumming..I dont have any Street insurance will I need it if so i might have to pass..And can I pitch a tent some where..Will bring my own food or pitch in some funds if needed..thanks for the heads up..
Liquid if it's not the dates of my fishing trip you can hook up with me to help on the funds as i know how the texas trip can hamper things so don't worry bout that and maybe i can show you little more of the Outlaw trails and hook up with rest of the gang when they get there later in the weekend. If things work out maybe i can show you some of the areas sooner also.

1 - 20 of 535 Posts