Grizzly Riders Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
GrizzBanger
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We'll the grizz got me again I just ordered the EHS bullet box and 2r tip yesterday. I fully intend on doing the EHS intake box cover but I'm a little confused on the filters.

1. Hanger mod??? I've seen a few posts about it with picks and this is what I have gathered. Your just basically cutting holes in the screen for better air flow?? Does that sound right. I tried to see if I could find an installation on YouTube but I didn't find anything. "Im a guy a couple pics of the process and I'm good to go lol!!"I guess I'm wondering what the best way to go about doing it.

2. K/N or UNI??? Am I better off just buying one of these filters and avoiding he hanger mod?? I've heard conflicting stories on everything the hanger mod K/N and the UNI. I'm just trying to do what is best for the wheeler I want it to be bad a$$ but I want it to start and run as it should as well.

·
DJ
1,299 Posts
1. Yes, you just cut holes in the screen leaving enough material to support a foam filter. You can use a dremmel with a cut off wheel or a hole saw.
2. A K&N filter replaces the support screen and filter. A Uni-filter is just aftermarket brand of foam filter that replaces the stock filter and you still use the stock support screen. I went with a K&N. Much easier to clean and service than foam filters. Just don't force water through a K&N when cleaning. Doing that will separate the fibers in the cotton mesh element.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts