Grizzly Riders Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cleaned my sliders and weights and regreased it all.. Installed a new belt and put it back together... It made a great improvement. However.. After an hour it jammed up and broke the belt..
The weights had came out and stuck in the sheave housing preventing it from moving.
I had spline showing when i re assmebled and torqued to spec.. It didnt loosen up.. So what did i do wrong? Slider clips upside down(i dont think so)? Not enough grease? Wrong grease? Is it worn out weights or something?
Any help is appreciated....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I had just bought it recently and it was very dirty and gummed up.. It for sure prevented it from getting up to speed well.. It was 1000% better with the clean up and new belt.. But it just broke.. Im kinda lost..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry to hear of your issues. As I unfortunately have no advice to correct this issue, I can offer this:
Do NOT wait for anyone on this site to lend any technical assistance. I've noted that such calls for help will have a few people "looking" at your post, but actual advice to fix/correct the issue is rare. This is not to say that no one will respond, but you'd think that the site's administrators (who should be capable of lending some help), are typically absent. Unlike other "vehicle owner" sites I subscribe to- where both admins and subscribers usually chime in to help a fellow member- this site is sorely lacking.

You'd be better off contacting a couple of dealerships (or go to a local dealership) and talk to their parts or service department personnel. If you don't have an owner's repair manual, get one. You might even want to take a few pics with your cell when disassembling things as there's always 'something' missing from the repair manual....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts