Grizzly Riders Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Federally lic Gun Dealer
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Thanks!

I'm pretty phsyched up about it - should have them by the end of this coming week
and when my son gets back from his honeymoon - we'll take them out and see how
they shoot...........

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
That was a score bruther! Very good deal, hope they shoot as well as they look for you!

·
Federally lic Gun Dealer
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Well the guys at the Gun shop just e-mailed me that they wanted the guns to arrive
in as good condition as when they leave so they threw in free hard case to ship the guns in.
FREE!
These guys are the best in customer service!

If anyone is ever looking for a good deal on a gun (through the inter-net) look here:

User Name: amweigh (On Gunbroker.com)
Email Address: [email protected]

Business Name: Carolina Guns & Gold
Contact Name: Stan Grady
Address: 1223 East Dixie Dr
SUITE - B
ASHEBORO, NC 27203
United States
Daytime Phone: 336-626-7296 - Ask for Stan or Sal (two great guys)
Evening / Other Phone:
Fax Number: 336-626-0962

·
Federally lic Gun Dealer
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·

·
Federally lic Gun Dealer
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
O.K. - latest update on my new rifles.
The transfer comes in today and I go over to the local FFL to p/u my guns. I walk in and there
is this guy loading ammo into the Marlin. I sit down and introduce myself and he says - you (meaning me) have
a little problem here. I say what's wrong and he says the mag on the marlin holds 17 rounds - NJ only allows 15 and he won't give me the gun!
O.k.- I take the Ruger, which is Mint / Sweet condition and I leave whit the understanding that i would look into the problem and we would talk tomorrow. I was going to look into a 15 round tube, or possibly pinning the existing 17 rounder to make it compliant.
I get home and something tells me this guy is wrong so I go on some NJ gun owners web sites and start looking around; then I go onto the NJ State Police web site and all mag restriction refer to Semi-Auto rifles NOT bolt-action guns!
So I call the guy back up and now he has a bit of an attitude because I basicly said he was wrong and now I have to wait for him to do his homework on the subject. that just sucks!
Tomorrow I plan on calling the NJ State police FIU and have them make the official ruleing so I can get my gun out of jail. What a freakin waste of my time!

Anyway - the new M77 is as mint as could be and the Nikon ProStaff scope id brand new - i couldn't be happier and can't wait to get to the range and pump a few dozen rounds through it..............

·
F.U.B.A.R.
5,584 Posts
That sucks Jack but bet you come out on top in the end!

·
Federally lic Gun Dealer
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Well the guy e-mails me a few minutes ago and say - "Guess you were right" so I can go
get my gun BUT he's gonna be away tomorrow until Sunday - so I have to wait till Monday
to get it :pullinhair:

I don't need it this weekend, but he didn't know that!
It's just one more brick in the wall........................

·
F.U.B.A.R.
5,584 Posts
Well at least he admitted to his mistake. All is not lost.

·
Federally lic Gun Dealer
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
True.
Just that I hate to let things stay out there when they can be done
and put to bed.

But you're right - it could have been worse.

You should see this M77 - it is clean as a whistle and so well built.
A bit heavy but it is stainless so I expected that.
I just ordered some Butler Creek Flip up scope covers for the Nikon.............

·
F.U.B.A.R.
5,584 Posts
Yep I will take a little bit of weight for something that lasts any day. I have 3 MKII in various calibers and all of them have been solid as oak. Even my standard .223 shoots just about as good as Remington 700BBL out of the box.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What are you looking for? How long do crossbow targets?

The m77s are ill... W00t! I'm looking at getting one in.357!

You can't go wrong with any of those as targets, in my opinion.
I enjoy shooting 243 and have a Winchester 70, but I wouldn't use it to hunt anything larger than mule deer with it.
In the same scenario, the 308 is a larger calibre. More energy would be nice, but it's readily available and relatively inexpensive/easy to recharge. 30-06 is also nice, as is the 300 Win mag; I've always wanted one of those... but that's where the prices start to rise. I can't tell much about the others because I haven't worked with them.

·
Super Moderator
15 Posts
What are you looking for? How long do crossbow targets?

The m77s are ill... W00t! I'm looking at getting one in.357!

You can't go wrong with any of those as targets, in my opinion.
I enjoy shooting 243 and have a Winchester 70, but I wouldn't use it to hunt anything larger than mule deer with it.
In the same scenario, the 308 is a larger calibre. More energy would be nice, but it's readily available and relatively inexpensive/easy to recharge. 30-06 is also nice, as is the 300 Win mag; I've always wanted one of those... but that's where the prices start to rise. I can't tell much about the others because I haven't worked with them.
You replied to a post that's over 10 years old. Pay atten to post dates before replying. Most of these members are no longer on the forum

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

41 - 54 of 54 Posts