Grizzly Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 grizzly 660 and when I get around or above like 20 mph it’s just cuts out spitters and sputters then backfires really loud, it runs fine as long as it is under 20 mph, and suggestions on what it could be, carb? Spark plugs? Electrical? I’ve taken it to a couple shops and they couldn’t figure it out. If you have any idea what it could be please let me know

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im having the xact same problem. I have rebuild the carb and adjusted the valves.
Did you get it figured out? Im at my wits end !

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sounds like the reverse limiter is kicking in. When it starts cutting out look at the gauge assembly your reverse light will flicker. The reverse switch will need to be replaced. To test or a temporary bypass you can do the following. Under the air box/carburetor and on top of the transmission is the reverse switch if you remove the wire from this switch and connect it to a good ground ( might have to use a jumper wire)(nothing will be connected to the switch) the limiter will not kick in. When the transmission is actually in reverse your reverse light will not come on. Hope this helps out.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts