Grizzly Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i was looking at my grizz earlier tyoday and noticed in is leaning a bit to the left on the rear. I have checked the tire pressure and everything looks good, and couldn't see anything else obvious that would cause this. When looking from the front everything looks level. Anyone know what would cause this? Or what to check next?

Thanks

·
Federally lic Gun Dealer
4,590 Posts
Are the springs evenly adjusted?
Is the one spring broke?
Any loose or missing bolts anywhere?
Cracks in the frame or A-Arms?

·
"Diz"
1,731 Posts
A bent or broken frame will cause it.
If you lift the rear end off the ground, do both wheels extend to the same point? You could measure from the top of the shock to the to the tip of the A-arm. If they do, then slowly lower it back down so the wheels do not move much and the Grizz wants to sit very near topped out on both shocks. If it's still un-level, you probably have a spring issue or a frame issue. You can also raise and lower the and or front rear end and watch to see if one tire comes down before the other. Obviously, you need to do all this on flat, level ground. Try trading right/left shocks to rule out springs.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Mine is doing the same thing, Im going to look at it tmrw. Ill post back what I find out...BTW, what year model grizz is yours?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's an 08' 700. I glanced over everything last night and couldn't find anything suspicious. I'll be gigging a little deeper today.

·
DJ
1,299 Posts
You might want to check the a-arm bushings and the sway bar bushings and linkage.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
My friend had the same problem. He brought it to my house so I could help him find the problem. He had it in the back of his truck and when he pulled in the driveway I spotted the problem right away. Just to mess with him I let him unload it and started to look at it like I didn't know what was wrong. Well after about half an hour I told him that I knew what was wrong as soon as he pulled into the drive way. He was surprised and said on way, I said way. I walked to the left rear fender and pulled the Obama campaign sticker off and it straightened right up, no more leaning to the left. :tongueout2:

Reactions: 4x4grizzly

·
Registered
239 Posts
Well...thats definately not the problem with my bike!! That was funny as chit!!

·
"Diz"
1,731 Posts
Gotta love the simple fixes. :bigsmile1: Let's hope wrecks' problem works out as simply.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My friend had the same problem. He brought it to my house so I could help him find the problem. He had it in the back of his truck and when he pulled in the driveway I spotted the problem right away. Just to mess with him I let him unload it and started to look at it like I didn't know what was wrong. Well after about half an hour I told him that I knew what was wrong as soon as he pulled into the drive way. He was surprised and said on way, I said way. I walked to the left rear fender and pulled the Obama campaign sticker off and it straightened right up, no more leaning to the left. :tongueout2:
I had to register just so I could say that was funny as he..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts