Grizzly Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Hold My Beer & Watch Dis!
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the new tires on my Grizzly 350 4x4 IRS. I went with 26x9x12 Mudtrax on front and 26x11x12 Mudtrax on back mounted on 12" ITP black SS108's with Supposed to been 5+2 offset but, they arrived with 4+3 offset and Im told that all aftermarket whls claiming to be 5+2 are closer to 4+3... this isnt the issue tho I actually like the them other than stickin out the fenders and covering me with mud (lol) issue is 2days before new tires arrived I noticed it seemed to be losing engine RPM in 4whl drv....When I get down in the mud it stops wantn to turn the tires and acts like the engine is shuttn on and off or somethin like its being rev limited or something and now Im noticing a bit of a ticking noise that only seems to be audible when the fuel tank is low on gas and the engine is hot... let it cool down and it stops or fill up the gas tank and it stops...doesnt make since to me! was having issues when i first got it tho it has low miles it was parked with bad gas in it and i had to clean the tank and pull the card and clean the jets 2 times and I put an inline filter on it cause no factory fuel filter on this model... also thinkn of jettn the carb and shimming the clutch 1.5mm and changing the air filter out to regain the lost power of goin with 26" tires instead of the stock 25"! anyone with any suggestions please let me know....oh yeah forgot to mention the loss of power and engine bogging down only happens in 4wd doesnt loose rpms in 2wd...someone said it may be a 4wd rev limiter to keep from bustn axles but what its doin is gettn me stuck in holes my neighbors 88 125 fourtrax 2wd plays in! talk to dealership they said it was the 26" tires causing it but it was doin it before i ever removed the stock tires! Help plz! lmao

·
F.U.B.A.R.
5,584 Posts
Bump. Can someone help this Gent?

·
Registered
530 Posts
I would look into the cdi or starter relay. Mine would do the same thing until I replaced both of those not really sure which one it was bc I replaced both at same time. I also went with an aftermarket cdi.

Reactions: DODGE57HEMI

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
New CDI and problem still persists.........

I replaced the CDI on the grizz 350 trying to get rid of the rev limiting problem i was having when i would get in mud or on a hill, 4 whl or 2 whl drive is still doin it like the bike thinks its stuck in reverse and Im trying to go to fast ...yamaha replaced the cdi with a new one but it still does the same thing... it runs fine and dandy till i hit some water then it wont even pull itself on level ground ...it starts reving out and sittn in one spot jerkn like it wants to go but is hangn up or something like the engine wont rev up or nothing dont seem to have the problem till I start playing in the mud and even lil mud holes do it but yesterday it didnt do it very much until I splashed the first good time I think maybe water is gettn in something electrical or somethin but dont know where to start lookn ...anyone know what im talkn about and how to fix it even tried to override the rev limiter with directions from another post on here but that didnt work either!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Since you ride water you need to clean every electrical connection and dielectric grease them.
Do that and test it.

·
"Diz"
1,731 Posts
I agree. Sounds like your issue is happening when you get her wet and that would indicate electrical issues, steam issues (this wouldn't be new), or a leak in the fuel/air intake. Like Aaron said, check/clean/dialectric grease all your electrical connections (all 47 billion of them) and check your intake tract for possible leaks.

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanx guys!

I was thinkn electrical or steam too but the first hole i went in sunday it did it and the hole was only about 6 inches deep and there was no engine steam from splash and no water at all just a lil clay bout 6 inches deep and it did it but it really didnt do it bad until the water splash and that was a big splash and lots of steam ....after it happened I pulled the breather cover off and flipped it so the tube was where the seat should be instead of under the gas tank cover and went back thru the whole with no seat to see it it was a from steam rushin under the cover and gettn sucked in the intake and on the 2 passes thru the hole it didnt do it then it started up again to the point my buddy had to push me out with his renegade cause the griz wouldnt pull itself! dealership swears they changed the cdi and we did the override for the limiter sensors but i havent dielectric greased my plug connections so guess ima do that sometime this week and maybe do a intake snorkel if that dont fix it Ima sell it and get a renegade 1k! was gonna keep it and let my wife and kid ride it but tired of the embarrassment of pullin it out of every hole with a honda 125 lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
New CDI and problem still persists.........

I replaced the CDI on the grizz 350 trying to get rid of the rev limiting problem i was having when i would get in mud or on a hill, 4 whl or 2 whl drive is still doin it like the bike thinks its stuck in reverse and Im trying to go to fast ...yamaha replaced the cdi with a new one but it still does the same thing... it runs fine and dandy till i hit some water then it wont even pull itself on level ground ...it starts reving out and sittn in one spot jerkn like it wants to go but is hangn up or something like the engine wont rev up or nothing dont seem to have the problem till I start playing in the mud and even lil mud holes do it but yesterday it didnt do it very much until I splashed the first good time I think maybe water is gettn in something electrical or somethin but dont know where to start lookn ...anyone know what im talkn about and how to fix it even tried to override the rev limiter with directions from another post on here but that didnt work either!
I'm guessing this ogs am automatic... If so I'd the belt slipping... I'm new to the automatic ATV I've haff several ppl talk about belt slippage but I've not experienced myself... some of the issues you're describing was also mentioned by some of the ppl with belt problems

1 - 8 of 8 Posts