Grizzly Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Summer Sucks
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sitting here stuck in Afghanistan, in the middle of a sand storm, browsing old photos and threads dreaming of better times and that got me thinking, is anyone planning a fall Moab trip this year? I would love to do it again in the same time frame as last year(first week of October) and I am wondering if anyone else is interested.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Hey bro, got a friend over there with the 101, rides a side by side KAWASAKI. Not sure about your question, always welcome to ride with us, located in Southern Illinois.

·
Dr. Sexy
1,338 Posts
I am sitting here stuck in Afghanistan, in the middle of a sand storm, browsing old photos and threads dreaming of better times and that got me thinking, is anyone planning a fall Moab trip this year? I would love to do it again in the same time frame as last year(first week of October) and I am wondering if anyone else is interested.
I would love to since I am gonna miss out on the spring ride but it will have to be in late October for me. I am hunting up in WYO this year with my daughter the first week of October.

·
Summer Sucks
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DrMud, I appreciate the offer, not likely I ever make it that far east any time soon, but if I do I'll keep it in mind.

Gusman, late October would be great for me, I have a commitment in early October as well. If could work around the weekend of the 22nd and 23rd that would be nice, I would hate to miss the rifle opener, but I definitely would for Moab.

·
Dr. Sexy
1,338 Posts
DrMud, I appreciate the offer, not likely I ever make it that far east any time soon, but if I do I'll keep it in mind.

Gusman, late October would be great for me, I have a commitment in early October as well. If could work around the weekend of the 22nd and 23rd that would be nice, I would hate to miss the rifle opener, but I definitely would for Moab.
Well we can work the dates so as neither of us miss hunting season. Moab is year round riding...:clap::clap::clap:

·
Pro Ball Buster!
2,001 Posts
So looks like next spring is set what about this fall?

·
F.U.B.A.R.
5,584 Posts
I will need to see how things go with Taylor Park then I will have a better judgment for a fall ride. I also need new tires and wheels bad before the Spring ride comes around so I will need to pick my battles.

·
Summer Sucks
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I fished last year on the Saturday after Thanksgiving on the Helena Causeway, it was 2-5 inches, a lot of spud bar action finding a safe path, but the spot was hot and I was the first one out there all year..

I suppose I could live with planning a trip that weekend though, it's purely speculation that it'd be cold enough harden up that water.

·
Pro Ball Buster!
2,001 Posts
Motels are cheaper that time of year.

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
Im possibly down with a fall run too! October may cut into my anual Lohontan Cutt Throat Trout fishing trip to Pyramid Lake NV., but I have been there several times already... never been to MOAB (YET!)

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
A bit off topic, but is it legal to carry firearms on the trails in UT? Is there spots to conduct plinking sessions safely without pissin' people off? :idk: I have only ridden in CA and NV and I am always the guy packin heat out of the group... a big gun for rabbid bear or the occasional zombie, and a little gun for empty cans is my usual standard

·
F.U.B.A.R.
5,584 Posts
I would say to many people in Moab to do so but in Colorado just about any where you can pull off! Sure those are Sasquatches you are pinking at Dave LOL ;)

·
Diesel Guru!
266 Posts
Anytime in October works for me. I have never done any wheeling in Moab. I have some friends that might be interested in going as well.

·
Registered
245 Posts
:sign0098:Hardwater if you are sitting over there, Thanks for doing the job you do. I did not serve but best friend just retired with 21 yrs army. three tours in Iraq. I absolutely respect your sacrafice for our country. Thank you stay safe till you can ride again.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts