Grizzly Riders Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a new mikuni carb on my 2011 450 grizzly EPS . It started right up but is idling high . I adjusted the idle screw no help checked throttle and choke cable seem to be operating fine.I do have a question about the choke i think there where two plungers in the carb I looked on line and it looked like only one goes in so I only installed one . When I choke it the idle slows down a little . Do I need to adjust the pilot screw if so where is it . Please help weathers getting nice cant ride the way its running.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok, let me start this by saying that carbs are hit or miss for me. Only one plunger should be installed. The plunger assembly is #21 on the diagram below. For the pilot screw, it is assembly #7. It is likely that it is under a brass button. With my experience, it can be unscrewed but I have also read where people had to drill them out. As for the default setting I believe it is stated on the airbox lid (at least it is on a 05 660). Just out of curiosity, why did you change the carb?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts