Grizzly Riders Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
"Old Dawg"
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just about to purchase a set of Rogue Lock-Ons until I found out that it would be $12.08 Shipping & Handling, almost half what the grips cost. To much for me,thedevil1 will have to find other grips to buy...suggestions?

·
F.U.B.A.R.
5,584 Posts

·
2011 450 eps
235 Posts
Was just about to purchase a set of Rogue Lock-Ons until I found out that it would be $12.08 Shipping & Handling, almost half what the grips cost. To much for me,thedevil1 will have to find other grips to buy...suggestions?
Try "Just Add Dirt", I ordered 2 pairs of the rogue lock ons for $6.95 shipping for both

·
"Old Dawg"
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that, you may have saved me about twenty bucks. I have an 08 700, do I need the 120 mm or 130 mm grips.

·
"Old Dawg"
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DH, How are the Ergomax grips holding up and how do you like them? For a dollar more I can get these instead of the ODI's

·
F.U.B.A.R.
5,584 Posts
The Ergomax are holding up great in the 400 or so miles I have use them for so far. No complaints here! :)

Sent from D57H's killer Thunderbolt!

·
Mad Fabricator
227 Posts
I like mine too...just wish they weren't glue ons...would like to change bars, but hate wasting these. Otherwise, they are very nice.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts

·
2011 450 eps
235 Posts
Thanks for that, you may have saved me about twenty bucks. I have an 08 700, do I need the 120 mm or 130 mm grips.
Your welcome! 120mm is the stock replacement size. Go with the 130mm if you have wider hands or just want more grip area. But, if you go 130mm, you'll have to move your controls in 10mm on the bars. Probably have to grind that little locator nub off the bars too

·
Registered
246 Posts
I ended up ordering right from ODI as I liked there 1pc aluminum end caps over the plastic ends and they were the only one's selling them .

·
Registered
55 Posts
Reactions: MoabUT

·
Registered
270 Posts
I must be the only one in the world that didn't like the ODI grips. I like the stock grips much better. One of the things that really bothered me about mine was the fact that the grips didn't feel long enough. My hand kept getting into the (whatever the hell is the flappy, plate like, circular portion of the grip called). I bought the 120 mm, but I think I if i had of bought the 130 mm grip I might have liked it much better.

·
"Old Dawg"
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Uncommon, your avatar reminds me of ME! Think I started smoking that young, I remember rolling cigarettes in the back room with my grandpa. Smoked for forty years and have been free for about ten.:wee_hee:

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
The ODI's length (120mm) is exactly the same as stock unless you opt for the longer 130mm. Maybe it's the end of the stock grip you missed?

·
"Old Dawg"
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hey Guys

For those of you that have had bad luck with glue-on grips, Iv'e had good luck with golf club grip tape and the petroleum solution that is recommended with it. Simply cut the tap to size, wrap it on the bars, wet it with petroleum and slide the grips on. It is much easier to insert the grips and allows more time to get them adjusted, as needed. Just allow 24 hours for it to dry before applying any considerable pressure. You won't be disappointed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts