Grizzly Riders Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
F.U.B.A.R.
5,584 Posts
Dont know much about other than they are bullet proof bikes that will last forever. Should be a great starter quad.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Friend has a few of em. Real quick for their size, will get up to 40-50mph pretty quick. The one thing recommended is removing the oil tank and system, and just mix your own gas, since if something goes awry with the oiling system, you'll blow the engine lol.

EDIT: Like mentioned, they are bullet proof. Only thing that really wears out are wheel bearings and swing arm bushings. Top ends seem to last pretty long as long as you keep the oil mix at a good mix and dont beat the hell out of it. And if it does need a top end, very cheap to rebuilt.

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
They are great quad n like said previously get rid of oil system n mix gas instead they are great. For daughter should be great just need to watch little as the two stroke has plenty power for starter bike. At least I think does lol. Not saying she can't handle it just two stroke takes some time learn power curve. I had Suzuki lt250r in past and brother had banshee. Had to learn different power bands to ride them safe and be able go fast :wee_hee:

·
Power Freak
1,600 Posts
They are not too bad. Its VERY important you let them warm up good. They come into the shop alot cold seized. We see blasters alot....the top ends go on them frequently. Take care of it and it will last good. Luckily a top end on one is very easy and cheap. They are not your most reliable choice if you are looking for reliability.

·
Dr. Sexy
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ended up with an 04 that was in a lot better shape. I am tearing it down this weekend and cleaning it up. Carb rebuild, FMF fatty pipe and silencer, remove the oil automixer, and throw some new rubber on the rear. Looking at some Maxxis RAZRs for the rear. I will post up before, during and after the refurb pictures.

·
Dr. Sexy
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well its always fun working on 2 strokes again. BRRRRAAAAAAPPPP BRRRRAAAAAAPPPP BRRRRAAAAAAPPPP BRRRRAAAAAAPPPP!!

·
A Cut Above The Rest !!!
3,206 Posts
Oooooh ... the Big Teddy Bear got a new toy :braceface:

I mean ... Hey Gusman dude ... that's SWEEEEET ya got the kid a ride of her own :high5:

And it sounds like yer gonna fix it real nice for her ... Way To Go Dad !!! :wee_hee:

·
Dr. Sexy
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oooooh ... the Big Teddy Bear got a new toy :braceface:

I mean ... Hey Gusman dude ... that's SWEEEEET ya got the kid a ride of her own :high5:

And it sounds like yer gonna fix it real nice for her ... Way To Go Dad !!! :wee_hee:
Does this mean that I need a Banshee now?:Shh:

·
Registered
20 Posts
How is she liking the raptor so far? I am trying to get my friend to get his son (10 1/2) a smaller quad instead of running his spare 450.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Dont know much about other than they are bullet proof bikes that will last forever. Should be a great starter quad.
x2 on that, my buddy had one years ago and he couldn't kill :laugh1:

·
Registered
264 Posts
I also started my daughter off on a Blaster, when she was 13. To this day, it remains one of the most memorable, and best things that I ever did as her Father! She loved it and was the envy of all of her friends! by the time she was ready to drive, she knew how to drive a standard transmission, and ride a motorcycle!
A coupe of things about the Blaster - In stock form, they are quiet and mellow, but add a pipe (FMF, Pro Circuit) and maybe a V-Force reed cage, and they transform into very powerful little trail rippers! I left the oil injection hooked up, and never once had a problem with it. If you truly want piece of mind, and want to run pre-mix only, there is a carb kit (motion pro?) that makes it simple to do.
The rear brakes are another story, however. In 2004, the Blaster received a face lift, and, more importantly, a hydraulic rear brake caliper. Look for an '04 or newer just for this reason. The mechanical "screw type" brake caliper is a PITA.
The last thing I would mention is the suspension. The Blasters suffer from the same problem that our Grizzly's do - way too much compression damping. A set of Works Performance shocks will do wonders for the ride quality. Blasters have been around for a long time, so you can usually find a set of front shocks, used, on e-bay for around $200. The rear shock needs attention as well.
If you wanted to, you could add extended A-arms and rear wheel spacers for added stability, but the machine will be that much more difficult in the trees.
Overall, they are wonderful machines!

·
Caught me ridin' dirty.
1,236 Posts
Does this mean that I need a Banshee now?:Shh:
EVERYONE should have aBanshee, IMO!!

On the subject of a Blaster...Really fun quad for sure. Really fast quad for a first one...How responsible is your daughter? I have seen adults get thrown off a Blaster when not smart about the throttle, so I would hate to encourage it for a girl that is maybe not ready. On the flipside, they were around forever, so they are bullet-proof and tons of replacement parts available.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts