Grizzly Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mad Fabricator
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, a couple of us from the local diesel truck club made a ditch run along Hwy 169 from Princeton to Lake Mille Lacs. Roughly a 40 mile run one way.

We had around 17 guys and gals show up. Only one doubled up, which was my GF and I as we only have the one machine currently. Five Grizzly's, a pair of Polaris Sportsmen, a Kawi or two, two honda foremans made up the 4x4 utils, the rest were a mix of sport quads. Only one break down, a sportsmen, to the point it had to be towed to a rest area and recovered, Diff or CV grenaded. Otherwise a few mechanical hiccups on a sport quad and one dead battery on the Bombardier sport quad ridden by the ring leader, which lead to many interesting push and pull pop starts.

This run had something to keep everyone really happy. Tons of mud, waterholes, hill climbs, flatout open fields, tight trails, etc. There was enough that everyone left sore and worn out. I manage to get stuck twice, junky tires and operator's overly confident decision lead to both events. At least I was winched out once by another griz and the other by myself yet anchored to the same other griz.

I also managed to tip my machine on its side once, and later roller all the way over. A few bruises between me and the misses, but no major damage to done to either of us, nor the grizzly. Had an audience for the second one, but no photo (camera in bag strapped to front rack, under the rolled quad).

All in all a hell of an adventure...
Tomorrow, clean the griz and recheck everything to make sure of no damage.

A few pics from the end of the day:

Attachments

·
Mad Fabricator
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More pics, sorry they were all from the end, but having way too much fun to dig the camera out. May have to look into a Contour.

Attachments

·
Pro Ball Buster!
2,001 Posts
Sounds like a great day thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
117 Posts
you will have to do the red top loop!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hey Adam!
Looks like a great ride! Maybe if you do it again next year I'll bring the G-Unit down and join ya!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts