Grizzly Riders Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I quickly read my info packet that came with my new ride and decided to fill out the Registration Card as well as log all the info in the manual for future needs...

The only # I can't locate or know what the heck it is is the ""Primary I.D."" (Engine Number)?

It shows (3 digits - 6 Digits) _ _ _-_ _ _ _ _ _

Anyone know where I'd find this at?

Man, its driving me nuts having this thing in the garage and no place to ride it for a few weeks...

I've already taken it around the block like 3 times... Tryin to cut that out though as I don't want to get any tickets...

Prolly went out just to look at it like 6 times since Satuarday...

·
Enjoy the Ride
2,512 Posts
Man I know it must be hard. Just use this time to get move familar with it, and to start planning your mods. Remember we are here to help you get through it.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
So no ideas on the ""Primary I.D."" (Engine Number)?

Just wanted to get this thing filled out and sent in, thought I'm not sure if it really does me any good...

·
Enjoy the Ride
2,512 Posts
ok on the Card. See where it say "Read Carefully", also just above the owners info is the statement "If you have any questions" then the bold print about the age recommendation. that is the only reason to have to mail in that card.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ahh, ok...

Then I don't need to send it in... The dealer clearly mentioned those points and offered me an ATV saftey class....

Thanks...

·
Enjoy the Ride
2,512 Posts
No problem, I started to send mine in till I "Read it Carefully".

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
you should write all those numbers down and make sure they match all your paperwork just incase your bike ever gets stolen

·
"Diz"
1,731 Posts
If the VIN (Vehicle ID Number) is what they want, it is stamped into the lower main frame tube on the left side, just a bit behind the lower A-frame. The engine may also have an ID number of it's own but the 700 service manual makes no mention of it. I'll look over my 660 here in a sec and see if I can find one on it.

EDIT: X2 on not sending in the card...you'll just get a bunch of junk mail but also X2 on writing them down for your own records.

·
"Diz"
1,731 Posts
Found it. On the 660 at least, it's stamped into the crankcase under the oil-filler access cover (along with "1900 cc" which is the oil capacity of a 660 engine). Mine is 7 characters with no dashes.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
you should write all those numbers down and make sure they match all your paperwork just incase your bike ever gets stolen
The manual has a place to record all of those in the back, in which I did... I put it all in its neat little folder with the title and everything and put it in my Gunsafe... Hopefully, I won't need it...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.