Grizzly Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Sofa King Wee Todd Ed!
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yet another reason I'm glad I drive a truck

I got rear ended today and here its the result...

My truck

her car...

everyone was ok, but I think her car is screwed...

·
F.U.B.A.R.
5,584 Posts
Yet another reason I'm glad I drive a truck

I got rear ended today and here its the result...

My truck

her car...

everyone was ok, but I think her car is screwed...
No its just because you drive a Dodge, duhhhh! :p

This message is sponsored by the campaign for a 2up Grizzly!!!

·
Caught me ridin' dirty.
1,236 Posts
Something to be said for a vehicle that is made to work, and not just to crumple on impact...Glad everyone is okay!

Reactions: 04660limited

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
How bad was the impact? The car looks like it was traveling 30-35mph?? Any whip lash?

Something to be said for a vehicle that is made to work, and not just to crumple on impact...Glad everyone is okay!

·
CTD Out!
7,584 Posts
Was she talking on the phone by any chance :laugh1:

I had a girl rear end my old 4x2 silverado work truck last year. I was behind a stopped school bus and happened to look at the rear view to see her speeding up to me. All I could think was wtf? Sure enough she was on the phone the whole time and didn't even notice that my brake lights were on, nor the big yellow bus with all the flashing red lights on top. Only damage to the truck was a scratch on the receiver. She totaled her car though. See Nathan, Dodges aren't the only trucks that can survive a rear ending without damage :p

Hell if I had been driving my Dodge she probably would have drove right under my bumper and wound up with serious injuries.

·
F.U.B.A.R.
5,584 Posts

I had a girl rear end my old 4x2 silverado work truck last year. I was behind a stopped school bus and happened to look at the rear view to see her speeding up to me. All I could think was wtf? Sure enough she was on the phone the whole time and didn't even notice that my brake lights were on, nor the big yellow bus with all the flashing red lights on top. Only damage to the truck was a scratch on the receiver. She totaled her car though. See Nathan, Dodges aren't the only trucks that can survive a rear ending without damage :p

Hell if I had been driving my Dodge she probably would have drove right under my bumper and wound up with serious injuries.
Hell that is the whole reason I usually drive with my drop hitch in, more damage I can effect on a rear ender the better! :beer:

·
Class Clown
2,831 Posts
this is also the reason people are lobbying to have bumper height laws and most of the new pickups sit as low as they do. the IIHS wants all bumper heights to be the same so someone doesn't drive under another vehicle.
glad your OK and it's also why i usually drive a truck

·
CRASH STUNT MEMBER
1,249 Posts
Sweet! I like happy endings:laugh1:
Most states have laws on the books for bumper and headlight height but finding a cop to enforce them is another matter. Usually they will do it after a crash.
We have plenty high riders here that set 4 feet in the air.:Shh:

·
Sofa King Wee Todd Ed!
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How bad was the impact? The car looks like it was traveling 30-35mph?? Any whip lash?
drove my shoulder into the seat pretty hard i feel fine today... i think the Deputies estimated at about 40mph and she never hit the brakes.

·
Sofa King Wee Todd Ed!
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Her dad showed up to the scene and said "I will bet you $100 she was on the phone." she didnt say she was, she said she was digging in her purse...
dodges may not be the only truck that survive, but still the only one i'll drive...:p :p

·
Sofa King Wee Todd Ed!
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hell that is the whole reason I usually drive with my drop hitch in, more damage I can effect on a rear ender the better! :beer:

i have a modified bulldozer hitch i usually have in, but luckily for her it was in the back of the truck :laugh1:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts