·
Registered
37 Posts
Today i installed a roadboak....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Last week took all the skids off, cleaned, pulled the front of the quad apart, pulled the rad and blasted clean and filled the system with fresh engine ice. Checked the valves. Fresh oil and filter, changed the diff fluids, new spark plug. Today got my race driven brakes in, changed the front brakes and they grab amazing, changing out the rear pads tomorrow. After 4 years of riding, the pads were pretty much completely gone. Will be all ready to go for SSRT this weekend!

·
Caught me ridin' dirty.
1,236 Posts
Installed my new rear light from Moose Utilities:

·
Caught me ridin' dirty.
1,236 Posts
Does that light come on automagically when you put her in reverse?

/tg
TimGrz, no...I wanted to do that, but couldn't find any clear instructions on how to go about it. I may look into it again in the future, but for now I just have added a LED power switch to the plastic cover in the center of the handlebars.

EDIT: Adding pic...

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
I'd like to hear how you like it. Is it very bright?

·
Caught me ridin' dirty.
1,236 Posts
I'd like to hear how you like it. Is it very bright?
If you mean me, I do like it very much, especially considering the light was only like 16 bucks and the wiring and switch and in-line fuse only cost maybe another 7 bucks since the wire was already sitting around.

That said, it is no replacement for a nice Rigid Industries D2. Clearly, their product is better and brighter, but for now, this one will provide plenty of light for backing up and for shining light on anything within a 30' range behind me.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Thanks Point.

I doubt I will ever spend the loot for a Dually just for backing up in the dark. I was looking at the Warn backup light for around $31.00, light, switch and wiring. Comparing it to yours.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ok, I've been trying to figure this out...What the heck is this?
It's a road book, like they use in Dakar for navigation:boxing:

·
Thanks,
27 Posts
:shucks: ... maybe that's where I should of posted this huh ??
Absolutly man! (and Thanks!!!)
This is information that we all will be looking up eventually.
gr rules

·
Registered
30 Posts
well, i rode my 550 for the first time today at the dealership. i like the power steering ( riding it through the dealers field) and the 550 seems to ride better than the 450 i traded in ( i bought the 450 two years ago for my son, he just bought a can ham renegade 1000Xxc). i only rode the 450 twice, once 2 years ago and last saturday. anyone know what the top speed of the 550 is? 30 mph came alot sooner than on the 450. they are installing yamaha fender flares, warn winch, ITP beadlocks and 26" bighorns and complete richocette skid plates and a arm guards front and rear. taking a vacation day next tuesday and riding WNF if anyone is up for a ride.

·
Registered
30 Posts
ok, this ought to cause a lot of posts. why would anyone NOT put beadlocks on their Grizzly?? am i just too used to the weight of a SXS? also, with the ITP beadlocks and 26X12 bighorns-----4 psi??

·
Registered
262 Posts
ok, this ought to cause a lot of posts. why would anyone NOT put beadlocks on their Grizzly?? am i just too used to the weight of a SXS? also, with the ITP beadlocks and 26X12 bighorns-----4 psi??
Beadlocks are just overkill for most normal, average trail riding. Don't need them, I personally despite all the rocks, mud, and logs I've crossed have never lost a tire off a rim, even at just 4 psi.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Beadlocks are just overkill for most normal, average trail riding. Don't need them, I personally despite all the rocks, mud, and logs I've crossed have never lost a tire off a rim, even at just 4 psi.
new to the quad side of this, so what tire pressue is most running?

·
Pro Ball Buster!
2,001 Posts
Most run 3 to 5 psi, you just need to play with it to see what you like.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
It's just me but I'd say between 5psi and 7psi. I run mine at 5psi. Lower than that and you do run the risk of popping a bead.

·
Moderatly Offensive
2,322 Posts
Ive run between 8 and 3 psi, just depends what I am doing. Its handy to bring a lil tire pressure guage (that only goes to 20 er so psi) and an air compressor or pump, I find that if i mash my tires a lot in a single day they can be thrown off a lil and that effects handling, its nice to be able to remedy that on a day out.

1521 - 1540 of 1675 Posts