Grizzly Riders Forum banner

what to do to prep for deep mud and water?

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  civicgsr 
#1 ·
OK guys I am new here so I have to ask a stupid newbie question.

What do i need to consider to prep my 2004 Grizz for deeper water and mud? i understand the snorkkle thing and tires but what about the electronics? The connection terminal under the rear fendor, the batter etc. If the battery gets submerged with the water not short the pos and neg posts? Anything else I need to do so I dont ruin the bike the first go round?

Thank you for any advise you can offer.

Conrad

#2 ·
The electronics are waterproof. The connections are too for the main part. But it's still best to take every electrical connection apart and put some dielectric grease in them. Including and especially the spark plug boot. Also make sure you raise your vent lines for your carburetor. There should be one or two near the top of the carb and the drain on the bottom. Run the vent likes up high and make sure the carb drains one way valve is working good. If its not or its gone order a new one. Some ppl just plug the carb drain, mine is plugged right now bc I am to lazy to order a one way valve. But if your float ever sticks you will end up with an air box full of gas. Been there done that and learned it the hard way. Long as your carb is vented right and your spark plug and other electrical connections are greased your grizzly will run just as well in the water as it does on land

Sint frum tha orijinul smert fone

#3 ·
Don't forget your diff vents and fan vent. They must be raised too. There is also a crankcase vent on bottom that runs on the skids on left side by floor board. I run my carb bent to top of snorkel. Gas tank vent on fuel cap needs to be run up just as high too if you plan on going that deep.

#4 ·
That vent on the bottom left side laying on the skid is not a crank vent.

It's a water pump weeping line.
Water pumps are designed to leak a bit on any vehicle to keep the seal lubricated. That line must be left low and clean. If it the water pump seal fails in has a place to leak out instead of forcing coolant into the oil or oil into the coolant.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.