Grizzly Riders Forum banner

What Video editing program do you use?

4K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  dutchie 
#1 · (Edited)
OK Guys I've been trying out a few different Video editing programs(trial versions) and I'm thinking I wanna buy one to simplify things a little.

What program do you use?
Why do you like it?
How much did it cost?

So far the best one I've found is VideoPad... Video Editing Software. Download Free Video Movie Editor but it has a few issues that I'm struggling with.
I have used WMM in the past but I can't get it to digest some of these big HD files very easy.

Suggestions?

#3 ·
I bought a copy of Power Director but good gawd, it seems too complicated for my simple brain to grasp. It does look like it will do most of the stuff everyone wants though. :great:

#4 ·
If I could get WMM to work I'd use it but the video playback keeps going black on me midway through editing and all I have is sound playback,no more video,it just all goes away! I have updated drivers and done everything I can think of,not sure whats going on. My Comp is up to the task it's got plenty of computing horsepower,I'm not sure what's going on.

#5 ·
Yeah, it sounds like a video driver issue... that's really odd being a Windows product.

#6 ·
#7 ·
I'm using the same, Windows Movie Maker. If you're computer has a built in video card, then it will probably give you those issues. I try & make my video viewing screen a little small, when making. And I'm usually into 4 hours of raw video & 45mins - 1 hours of final video.

I'm running a quad core (no pun there), 8gigs of ram, & a hefty video card & it some times acts up. :my2:

I'm also looking for a easy edit program that works well & user friendly.

#8 ·
I am running an nvidia 560 video card, AMD Phenom 2X4 quad core 3.2GHZ processor, 8 gigs of ddr3 PC1600 Ram, on an Asus mobo with a total of 2.5 TB of hard drive space. It's not a lack of hardware problem,lol.

#15 ·
LOL, definately not a lack of hardware. That's for sure. Only thing different from my computer to yours is the mobo & video card.

Maybe it's a software issue with WMM. Not on yours, but in general. Maybe too much for it to handle.

I know a couple of times when I'm in the final stages of completion I have to do a "Save as" again & name it something else & it seems to work, especially when you start converting to HD video and or final video for viewing.

Good luck bud.

#11 ·
You don't have to use the editing software itself to upload to youtube. I have an older version of Vegas Pro 9. It's okay but has way to many quirks and bugs. Any of the more basic editing software from Corel, Adobe, Pinnacle etc. will get you started, be simple to use and cost under $100. The vegas software is not that easy but allows for more creativity. Not sure how much Sony Vegas pro 11 is going for but pro 9 is still like $600. I like Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 way better than Sony Vegas but there is a huge learning curve compared to the more basic editing suites out there.

#12 ·
I just got the Corelsuit video x4 and its nice..has the 3D and slow motion effects But I'm just now using it in the Basic form..My proplem is Internet Upload issues..my vids look awesome on puter then scratchy when loaded to youtube and takes forever on my DSL Junk..I have lots to learn but for $60 bucks or so..I got Vediosuitex4 and Photo painshopx4 pro..they had a valentine sale and my wife got it for me..
go on youtube and check out all thats out there check out the tutorials and look at what the program will do..Its all new to me but fun to Edit vids..Just getting them to Youtube/vimeo is my problem..

#14 ·
Jesse I know what you were asking about. Most software limits what format and quality your video will be rendered at when using that feature and also it doesn't really make anything faster, at least not on any of the editing programs I have used. I find its better just to export/render the video to a file so you can choose formats, resolution, quality etc. Then just upload the file to youtube after.

#16 ·
I think I'll spring for Power Director 10... anyone know of a good price? :confused:

Sent from my Motorola ATRIX using Tapatalk!

#17 ·
I didn't really give you guys a chance... found it for $60 new in the package. Cheaper that the upgrade price! :s_good:

#18 ·
#19 ·
Theres a few good editing programs out there for around $50 bucks..I'm learning a goot Internet company with good clean speeds is most Important. As theres not much offered in my Area..I have been trying all formats and dvd.2.mpg seems to be the smallest and fastest loading for me with least issues. check out my very first edited vid in the vid section..The CorelX4 vid suite will doo just about anything..Seems to work great so far..

Reactions: dutchie
#22 ·
Theres a few good editing programs out there for around $50 bucks..I'm learning a goot Internet company with good clean speeds is most Important. As theres not much offered in my Area..I have been trying all formats and dvd.2.mpg seems to be the smallest and fastest loading for me with least issues. check out my very first edited vid in the vid section..The CorelX4 vid suite will doo just about anything..Seems to work great so far..
Nice vid by the way. How do you find the Coral? I mean as user friendly & figuring out. I understand new programs take a bit of a learning curve, but for bang for the buck, do you think it's a program worth getting? I'm used to using WMM & I'd like to do more with my vids, with less hang ups when editing video (WMM does from time to time).
Oh & are you using a Mac or PC?

Thanks.

#20 ·
I'm using iMovie and Final Cut Express with a Macbook Pro and works flawlessly!!!

#21 ·
As far as graphic arts and post production stuff go I gotta say Mac's are the way to go,there's a reason most production companies and Graphic artist's use Macs,the only reason I don't is because I do alot of online Gaming and Mac's aren't so good at that,lol.

#23 ·
Blue Dude ... I have four video editing programs. Corel VideoStudio Pro X3, MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 16 Plus, Pinnacle Studio 14 & just upgraded my PowerDirector 9 to 10. :wee_hee:

Of the four I have, I like the PD for ease of putting together a vid. However, I know some like yourself, like some of the other programs. :seezaw:

As long as a guy has the computer to handle the HD video's & the editing & he likes the editing program he has, then life is good ... SAVVY ?? :D

Edit on Dude ... :braceface:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.