Grizzly Riders Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
i didn't mean to insinuate that this was similar to the martin case, just that if the citizens were to take action against the offenders, something similar to the martin case would be a very real possibility.

i certainly am not making any generalizations about law enforcement officers. i'm sure most of them are just like anybody else, they go to work and try to do the best that they can. and i certainly respect that. i was trying to point out that Philly has a major problem. not just with stolen atv's roaming the streets like a pack of wild dogs, but big problems. when someone commits a crime, they usually do so thinking that they can get away with it. these guys obviously are not afraid of the police department, or they wouldn't so obviously be breaking the law, in plain view of anyone who cared to look out of a window.
the original intent of this thread was that if this is the only exposure many voters have to ATV's, then i can see where they would vote down legislation that allow ATV use.
Got too agree Hammer.

I am against any vigilantism. Vigilantes are all hyped up with emotions which can lead real bad judgment. A group of vigilantes develop a mob mentally feeding off each others emotions. Thing can go south real fast with to charged up mobs. Vigilantes are not trained in dealing with people that have total disregard for the law. That group looks completely fearless that makes them real dangerous. The best that any one can do is to start or keep complaining to the authorities be it the city police, the city council, state officials, and the Governor. Bombard them with emails and letters and phone calls. Appeal to all the other legal riders to write in. Start a petition.

·
Class Clown
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
i also brought this topic up on one of the Pennsylvania atv sites. one of the members there called the city officesto ask about this and he was told that the "No Chase" law is a fact, but that city officials have no idea that people are doing this, and not one person had previously complained. i find that last bit a little hard to believe. maybe more like "if i ignore it, it isn't happening"

·
Registered
284 Posts
Just build a donut shop on that street and you will have plenty of police presence there.

·
Registered
245 Posts
The laws are the laws until politicians get involved. most people have no idea how laws are driven by politics and money. Don't always blame the police. There are some many more factors and personal agendas involved. yes there are a few bad police, just like there are a few bad quaders or whatever field there is. Most of your street level cops and whatever proffesional fields are great people. And as far as the donut shop blurb you better put up a bagel shop to. MTC. Be Smart Be Educated and don't believe everything you hear from media and politicians. :pullinhair:

21 - 24 of 24 Posts